Hide menu

Robin Forsling


Robin got his M.sc. degree in Engineering Physics from Umeå University in 2016 after doing his master thesis work about optical turbulence at the Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI) during the spring of 2016. The same year he started working at Saab Aeronautics in Linköping as a system engineer, mainly with development of functions and systems integration of the identification friend-or-foe system, but also with radar integration. In august 2018 Robin started as an industrial Ph.D. student at Automatic Control at Linköping University where he spends 80% of his time. The remaining 20% are spent on Saab Aeronautics within the Division of AI & Tactical Autonomy.


Robin’s research interest is decentralized data fusion with applications in network-centric target tracking and cooperating multiagent systems. In this context multiple agents process local measurements into estimates, communicate the processed estimates to other agents and fuse received estimates with local estimates. The two main subproblems studied are:

  • Robust handling of unknown correlations between exchanged estimates that ensures conservativeness while optimizing performance.
  • Efficient management of the communication resource to avoid transmission of redundant information and to cope with any possible communication constraints.


Google Scholar profile

Robin Forsling

PhD Student in Automatic Control

(Swedish: Doktorand i reglerteknik)

+46 73 4184178
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
Linköping University
SE-581 83 Linköping
Visiting Address:
Campus Valla
Building B
Room 2A:504

Page responsible: Robin Forsling
Last updated: 2023-08-17