Curriculum vitae Lennart Ljung
Born September 13, 1946 in Malmö, Sweden.
- Bachelor of Arts (Russian Language and Mathematics) 1967, Lund University, Lund, Sweden.
- Master of Science (Engineering Physics) (Civilingenjör, Teknisk Fysik) 1970, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Automatic Control) (Tekn. Dr, Reglerteknik) 1974, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden.
- Doctor h.c. at the Baltic State Technical UniversityS:t Petersburg, Russia, 1996
- Doctor of Philosophy h.c. Fil. Dr. h.c.) Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden, 1998
- Doctor of Philosophy h.c., Universite de Technologie de Troyes, UTT, France, 2004.
- Doctor of Philosophy h.c. (Eredoctor), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2004.
- Honorary Doctor, TKK, The Technical Univeristy of Helsinki, Finland, April 2008.
Membership Professional and Academic Societies
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), ("For Contributions to Adaptive Control and Recursive Identification".) since 1985.
- Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA), since 1985.
- Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA), since 1995
- Honorary Member of the Hungarian Academy of Engineering Sciences, since 2001
- Foreign Member of the US National Academy of Engineering (NAE), since 2004
- 1979: The IEEE Control System Society Outstanding Paper Award for papers published in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL 1977-1978.
- 1981: The AUTOMATICA Prize Paper Award for papers published in AUTOMATICA 1978-1980.
- 1993: The AUTOMATICA Prize Paper Award for papers published in AUTOMATICA 1990-1992.
- 1993: Appointed ``Advisor'' to the International Federation of Automatic Control.
- 1993: College of Electrical Engineers' Gold Plaque, The Institute of Engineers, Australia.
- 1996: The Chester Carlson Research Prize, awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
- 2002: The Quazza Medal, awarded by the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC).
- 2003: The Hendryk W. Bode Lecture Prize, awarded by the IEEE Control Systems Society.
- 2007: The IEEE Control Systems award
- 2014: The AUTOMATICA Prize Paper Award for papers published in AUTOMATICA 2011-2013.
- 2017: The Nathaniel B. Nichols Medal, awarded by the International Federation of Automatic Control.
- 2018: The Great Gold Medal (Stora Guldmedaljen) awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Science (IVA) (LIU News)
- 1976 -: Professor of the Chair of Automatic Control, Linköping Institute of Technology, Linköping, Sweden.
- 1975 -1976: Associate Professor (Docent) in Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden.
- 1970 -1975: Teaching and Research Assistant in Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden.
- 1968 -1970: Teaching Assistant in Mathematics, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden.
- 2009 - 2013: Chairman of the Strategic Research Area ELLIIT.
- 2009 - 2011: Director of the Strategic Research Area ELLIIT, a joint center between Linköping, Lund, Blekinge and Halmstad.
- 2007 - 2010: Director of the VINNOVA Industry Excellence Center LINK-SIC.
- 2008 - 2010: Director of the Linneaus Center CADICS funded by the Swedish Research Council.
- 2006 - 2012: Director of the Strategic Research Center MOVIII, funded by the SSF, the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research.
- 2002 - 2007: Director of the Cross-Disciplinary Center VISIMOD funded by the SSF, the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research.
- 1995 - 2006: Director of the NUTEK/VINNOVA Competence Center ISIS
- 1981 - 1985, 1986 -1990: Chairman of the Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping Institute of Technology, Linköping, Sweden.
- 1985 -1986: Visiting Scientist at the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS) at MIT, Cambridge, Mass.
- 1980-1981: Visiting Professor at the Information Systems Laboratory, Information of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.
- 1974-1975: Research Associate at the Information Systems Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.
- 1972: Visiting Scientist (Research Scholarship) at the Laboratory for Adaptive Systems, Institute for Control Problems, Moscow, USSR.
Committees and Similar:
- 2012 - 2019: Member of the Starting Grant Panel, European Research Council, Brussels.
- 2000 - 2006: Member of Akademinämnden, the Board of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA)
- 2000 - 2006: Chairman of Class VIII (Engineering) of The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA).
- 1998 - 2006: Member of the University Board, Linköping University
- 2001 - 2006: Member of the Board of The Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet)
- 2001 - 2004: Member of the Board of SUNET
- 1995-2001: Member and Vice Chairman of the Swedish Research Council for Engineering Sciences (TFR).
- 1993-2001: Member of the Steering Committee for the Programme for Complex Systems, at the Swedish National Board for Industrial and Technical Development (NUTEK).
- 1994-1996:Member of the Working Group for Base Technologies at the Foundation for Strategic Research (Stiftelsen för Strategisk Forskning).
- 1993 - 2000: Member of the Mathematics Committe for the HCM and TMR programs at the European Community, Brussels.
- 1989-1991: Chairman of Division II (Electrical Engineering) of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
- 1989-1993: Chairman of the reference committee on Information Technology for the DUP-program, Swedish National Board for Technical Development.
- 1987-1993: Chairman of the steering committee for the Programme on Digital Communication, The Swedish National Board for Technical Development (STUs ramprogram for Digital Kommunikation).
- 1978-1988: Associate Editor of STOCHASTICS, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers
- 1980-1988: Associate Editor for SYSTEMS AND CONTROL LETTERS, North Holland.
- 1983-present: Associate Editor for IMA JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL CONTROL AND INFORMATION, Oxford University Press.
- 1983-1984: Guest Co-Editor for the Special Issue of AUTOMATICA on Adaptive Control, September, 1984.
- 1984-present: Associate Editor for CONTROL - THEORY AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Mita Press, Japan.
- 1982-1986: Subject Editor for ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SYSTEMS AND CONTROL, Pergamon Press.
- 1988-present: Associate Editor for STOCHASTICS, Analysis and Applications, Marcel Dekker.
- 1987-present: Associate Editor for INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADAPTIVE CONTROL AND SIGNAL PROCESSING, John Wiley & Sons.
- 1990-present: Associate Editor for MATHEMATICS OF CONTROL, SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS, Springer Verlag.
- 1992 - 1999Associate Editor at Large for IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
- 2003 - 2013: Associate Editor at Large for the European Journal of Control.
- 1978 -1984: Member of IFAC's Technical Committee on Education.
- 1981 - 1984:Member and Vice-Chairman of IFAC's Technical Committee on Theory.
- 1984 - 1987: Chairman of IFAC's Technical Committee on Theory and member of IFAC's Technical Board.
- 1987 - 1993: Chairman of IFAC's Technical Board and Vice-President of IFAC.
- 1994 - 2001: Member of the Council of the European Community Control Association (ECCA).
- 10 books
- About 200 articles in refereed international journals
- About 350 articles in international conferences
- A major software package: The System Identification Toolbox (for use with MATLAB)
See http://www.control.isy.liu.se/~ljung/ for more information.
Professor of the Chair of Automatic Control
- +46 13 281310
- Mobile (private):
- +46 708 281310
- Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Linköping University
- SE-581 83 Linköping
- Visiting Address:
- Campus Valla
- Building B
- Room 2A:542 (in the A corridor on the ground floor between entrance 25 and 27)
- Google Scholar:
- Google Citations
Informationsansvarig: Lennart Ljung
Senast uppdaterad: 2018-11-06