After graduating in 2003 on Minimax Approaches to Robust Model Predictive Control, and spending three years as a post-doc at the Automatic Control laboratory at ETH, Zurich, I am currently back in Linköping as a research associate in the control group. In 2011, I was appointed Docent.
My research interest lies in the border between control theory and optimization. I was earlier heavily focused on applications of optimization methods in model predictive control, but now prefer a slightly broader perspective.
A common factor in most of my work is the development of control-oriented optimization-based algorithms, leading to the constant evolution of a MATLAB based modelling language, called YALMIP.
Google scholar listed by citations.
Some recent work
- D. Simon, J. Löfberg and T. Glad, Nonlinear Model Predictive Control using Feedback Linearization and Local Inner Convex Constraint Approximations, 12th European Control Conference, 2013
- D. Simon, J. Löfberg and T. Glad, Reference Tracking MPC using Terminal Set Scaling, CDC 2012.
- P. Rosander, A. Isaksson, J. Löfberg and K. Forsman, Performance Analysis of Robust Averaging Level Control, Proceedings of Chemical Process Control VIII, 2012.
- P. Rosander, A. Isaksson, J. Löfberg and K. Forsman, Practical Control of Surge Tanks Suffering from Frequent Inlet Flow Upsets, Proceedings of the IFAC Conference on Advances in PID Control, 2012.
- J. Löfberg, Oops! I cannot do it again: Testing for recursive feasibility in MPC (pre-print) , Automatica 48(3), 2012.
- Th. Besselmann and J. Löfberg and M. Morari, Explicit MPC for LPV Systems: Stability and Optimality (pre-print) , IEEE transactions on Automatic Control 57(9), 2012
- J. Löfberg, Automatic robust convex programming (pre-print), Optimization Methods and Software 27(1), 2012
- R. Falkeborn and J. Löfberg and A. Hansson, Lowrank exploitation in semidefinite programming for control, International Journal of Control 84(12), 2011
- M. Kvasnica and J. Löfberg and M. Fikar, Stabilizing Polynomial Approximation of Explicit MPC, Automatica 47(10), 2011.
- D. Petersson and J. Löfberg, LPV H2-Controller Synthesis Using Nonlinear Programming , IFAC 2011
- T. Ardeshiri, M. Norrlöf, J. Löfberg, A. Hansson, Convex Optimization approach for Time-Optimal Path Tracking of Robots with Speed Dependent Constraints , IFAC 2011
- R. Falkeborn and J. Löfberg and A. Hansson, Lowrank exploitation in semidefinite programming for control, 2010 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control
- D. Petersson and J. Löfberg, Robust generation of LPV state-space models using a regularized H2-cost, 2010 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control
- Lecturing Introduction to MATLAB
- Lecturing Automatic control (basic course for the mechanical engineering program)
Master (and Bachelor) thesis supervisor
- Fredrik Eskilsson, Passive Control for a Human Power Amplifier,providing Force Amplification, Guidance and Obstacle Avoidance
- Anders Bergdahl, Autonomous bucket emptying on hauler
- Håkan Almqvist, Automatic bucket fill
- Jenny Arkad, Tomas Andersson, A Control Algorithm for an Ultrasonic Motor
- Fredrik Petersson, Modelling, simulation and implementation of sensor-less control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor
- Magnus Larsson, Current control in a new cooling technology
- Björn Ericsson, Model library of cooling system components for Simulink
Associate Professor in Automatic Control
- +46 13 281304
- Mobile (private):
- +46 70 3113019
- Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Linköping University
- SE-581 83 Linköping
- Visiting Address:
- Campus Valla
- Building B
- Room A:530 (in the A corridor on the ground floor between entrance 25 and 27)
Page responsible: Johan Löfberg
Last updated: 2013-08-27