After graduating in 2003 on Minimax Approaches to Robust Model Predictive Control, and spending three years as a post-doc at the Automatic Control laboratory at ETH, Zurich, I am back in Linköping. In 2011, I was appointed Docent and in 2012 Associate professor (universitetslektor).
My research interest lies in the border between control theory and optimization. I was earlier heavily focused on model predictive control, but now prefer a slightly broader perspective on the border between optimization and control.
A common factor in most of my work is the development of control-oriented optimization-based algorithms, leading to the constant evolution of a MATLAB based modelling language, called YALMIP.
Google scholar listed by citations.
Some recent selected work
- D. Simon, J. Löfberg and T. Glad, Reference Tracking MPC Using Dynamic Terminal Set Transformation, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 59, Issue 11, 2014
- D. Petersson, J. Löfberg, Optimisation-based modelling of LPV systems using an H2-objective, International Journal of Control, Volume 87, Issue 8, 2014
- D. Petersson, J. Löfberg, Reference, Model reduction using a frequency-limited H2-cost, Systems & Control Letters, Volume 67, 2014
- D. Simon, J. Löfberg and T. Glad, Nonlinear Model Predictive Control using Feedback Linearization and Local Inner Convex Constraint Approximations, 12th European Control Conference, 2013
- J. Löfberg, Oops! I cannot do it again: Testing for recursive feasibility in MPC (pre-print) , Automatica 48(3), 2012.
- Th. Besselmann and J. Löfberg and M. Morari, Explicit MPC for LPV Systems: Stability and Optimality (pre-print) , IEEE transactions on Automatic Control 57(9), 2012
- J. Löfberg, Automatic robust convex programming (pre-print), Optimization Methods and Software 27(1), 2012
- R. Falkeborn and J. Löfberg and A. Hansson, Lowrank exploitation in semidefinite programming for control International Journal of Control 84(12), 2011
- M. Kvasnica and J. Löfberg and M. Fikar, Stabilizing Polynomial Approximation of Explicit MPC, Automatica 47(10), 2011.
- Lecturing Advanced Automatic control (for the mechanical engineering program)
- Lecturing Automatic control (basic course for the mechanical engineering program)
Some recent master thesis projects
- Stina Hörnström, Low Frequency Simulation of Traction System for EMC Analysis
- Jesper Carlsson, Enhancement of Positioning and Attitude Estimation Using Raw GPS Data in an Extended Kalman Filter
- Erik Bergman, Pressure Control using Sensorless Voice Coil
- Joachim Lundh, Model Predictive Control for Active Magnetic Bearings
Associate Professor in Automatic Control
- +46 13 281304
- Mobile (private):
- +46 70 3113019
- Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Linköping University
- SE-581 83 Linköping
- Visiting Address:
- Campus Valla
- Building B
- Room A:530 (in the A corridor on the ground floor between entrance 25 and 27)
Page responsible: Johan Löfberg
Last updated: 2014-11-12