ProfessorBackground: Fredrik Gustafsson is professor in Sensor Informatics at Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University, since 2005. He received the M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering 1988 and the Ph.D. degree in Automatic Control, 1992, both from Linköping University. During 1992-1999 he held various positions in automatic control, and 1999-2005 he was professor in Communication Systems.
Research interests: His research interests are in stochastic signal processing, adaptive filtering and change detection, with applications to communication, vehicular, airborne and audio systems.
Editorships: He was an associate editor for IEEE Transactions of Signal Processing 2000-2006 and Journal on Observations and Navigation 2008-2011. He is currently associate editor for EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing and IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems.
Fellowships: IEEE Fellow (2011). Elected member of the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA) 2007.
Arnberg prize 2004 from the Royal Swedish Academy of Science (KVA).
SAAB award in the name of former CEO Åke Svensson 2011.
Harry Rowe Mimno Best Paper Award 2011 for the tutorial "Particle Filter Theory and Practice with Positioning Applications", which was published in the IEEE AESS Magazine in July 2010.
Entrepreneurial researcher of the year at Linköping University, 2012.
Supervision and publications: He has supervised 20 PhD, 22 licentiate and more about 200 master theses. He is the author of five books and over 200 conference papers, 80 journal papers and some 25 patents. His current h-index is 40, see bibliometric statistics.
Filtering and Change Detection for the book with the same name
Matlab toolbox Signals and Systems Lab for the two text books Statistical Sensor Fusion and Signal Processing.
Android app Sensor Fusion at Google Play.
Start-ups: He is co-founder of NIRA Dynamics AB, developing automotive signal processing algorithms, and Softube AB, developing software based simulation products for guitar amplifiers, and SenionLab AB, developing personal indoor navigation solutions.
- Security Link Director of this center in the strategic area of Security and Crisis Management.
- eLLIIT One of ten main investigators of this center in the strategic area of Information and Communication Technology.
- CADICS Director and one of five applicants of this VR excellence center (2009-2018)
- LINK-SIC One of three applicants of this Vinnova industry excellence center (2009-2018)
- FOCUS Applicant of this Vinnova institute excellence center (2008-2014)
- MC Impulse Applicant of this EU Marie Curie project (4 PhD students 2010-2012)
- Extended Target Tracking PI of a VR ICT frame project (9.6MSEK 2011-2014).
- Cooperative Localization PI of a SSF frame project in Software-intensive systems (15MSEK 2011-2015).
- Fault detection:
Statistical signal processing approaches to fault detection. F. Gustafsson. Annual Reviews in Control (JARAP), Volume 31, Issue 1, 2007, Pages 41-54. pdf-file.
- Particle filtering:
Particle filter theory and practice. Fredrik Gustafsson. IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Tutorial, 2010.
- Automotive safety:
Signal processing challenges in automotive safety. Fredrik Gustafsson. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 2009.
- Sensor networks:
Measurements Used in Wireless Sensor Networks Localization. Fredrik Gustafsson and Fredrik Gunnarsson. Localization Algorithms and Strategies for Wireless Sensor Networks, Edited by G. Mao and B. Fidan, 2009.
Sign in on the Signal Processing mailing list for obtaining information on courses, seminars, jobs and general information of signal processing activities!
Professor in Sensor Informatics
- +46 13 282706
- +46 70 6466565
- Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Linköping University
- SE-581 83 Linköping
- Visiting Address:
- Campus Valla
- Building B
- Room 2A:506 (in the A corridor on the ground floor between entrance 25 and 27)
Page responsible: Fredrik Gustafsson
Last updated: 2013-04-23